Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Attaching columns to steel, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Many times we're going to have a situation…where we want a column to be constrained…from one level to another.…However, there might be a cantilever situation…where we need to attach our column…to the bottom of the beam.…We don't really know what the beam depth is,…but what we can do is…we can put our column in,…attach it say from Level One to Level Two,…draw in the beam and then attach our column…to the bottom of the beam.…That way if we change the beam size,…that column is going to stay attached to the bottom.…
So to follow along let's go Open.…Browse for where you're keeping your Exercise Files.…I'm going to grab my Attach model.…Click Open.…You can use the model that you've just used…in the last video if you were following along.…Now here what I want to do is…I going to draw some beams in.…So let's go up to Level Two.…Go to Structure, go to Beam.…
12 by 26, that works for me.…Click Tag on Placement.…Go four to three,…but now from three go all the way out to 1.1.…Ignore the one on two.…Hit Escape.…Do the same here,…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin40h 20m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.