Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Altering beam elevations, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Since in this building…we're going to use bar joists for our roof,…we need to set our beams down two and a half inches…to accommodate for the bar joist's seat.…Let's see how to do that.…Let's go Structure_24.…Let's go to the ROOF level.…Let's get rid of all of our filler beams,…cuz these are going to wind up being joists.…I'm going to select this beam system,…I'm going to right click on it,…I'm going to Select All Instances,…make sure you choose only this, Visible in View.…
So pick that.…Hit Delete, and they're gone.…I think we might of deleted more than we wanted to.…Yeah, so you've just got to pick these guys back up.…Hold down the control key, select this beam,…this beam, and then this beam,…and this beam.…Let's click Mirror - Draw Axis.…Let's pick this Midpoint,…and let's move our cursor to the right…and pick that point.…
Perfect.…And these are good at the elevation they're at.…Let's draw these two beams in.…So I'm going to select this beam,…right click, Create Similar.…I'm going to make this a 16 by 26, a little bigger.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.