Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding wall footings, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] The walls need something to bear on.…This is where bearing footings come in handy.…Revit actually likes to call them wall footings,…which by looking at the button,…makes you kind of think you're actually adding a wall,…but that's not the case.…You're adding a strip footing that is hosted…to a foundation wall.…Either way, let's jump into structure 11.…Let's go to our top of footing level down here.…Let's go to the Structure tab.…
For foundation, let's click on Structural Foundation, Wall.…Right here we have the Bearing Footing, 36 by 12.…We're going to fix that.…Click Edit Type, Duplicate.…I'm going to make this a bearing footing…two foot dash six inches by 12 inches.…Get rid of the two.…For the width if you type in two space six,…Revit will know to add the feet and inches.…
Click OK.…Now all we can do is select the wall.…So if I hover over this wall,…don't select it, just hover over it and hit your tab key,…it's going to select all of your foundation walls.…Pick that and there it is.…If we go to a 3D view now,…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 20m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.