Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding text, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Okay, let's start adding some text.…I'm going to jump into structure 51.…Let's open up our typical framing section…'cause I'm going to scroll onto here…and we'll start adding some text.…We can do that by clicking the text icon here…or we can go to the annotate tab where we just were…and click on the A here, same thing.…So if I click this here, now in my properties,…I'm going to click my dropdown…and I want to make sure we have three 30 second ariel.…
Pick that.…Now I'd like to click edit type for my text…and for the leader arrowhead, I'm not a big fan…of the default, so I'll click the drop-down here…and let's go arrow filled 15 degree.…I like my width factor to be .8 and I click okay.…Now, what I'd like to do is you see the little A…with the little two-segment arrow.…I'd like to click to the top leader at top right.…
There we go.…I'm going to pick a point here.…Pick a point here, pull it out to here,…make sure my caps are turned on.…I'm going to call it six inch concrete slab.…Now notice while I'm typing,…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.