Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding step footings, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Now that we have our foundations…pretty much completely modeled,…I'd like to investigate how we're going to deal…with a stacked footing.…Let's jump into Structure_17 and figure it out.…We'll go down to Level 1.…Let's jump into our west elevation.…Zoom in on the west elevation here.…What we need to do…is we need to edit the profile of this foundation wall.…Select the wall.…
Let's click on Edit Profile.…Perfect.…Now what we need to do is just kind of step this down.…Notice that once we click on Edit Profile,…we have these Magenta lines,…and we can sketch anything we want.…We can put little holes in it for sleeves, whatever.…What I want to do, is I want to create a step footing.…So on the Draw panel, I'm going to click Pick Lines.…
I'm going to offset two feet,…and I'm going to offset this line down two feet.…Now I'm going to set my offset for four feet.…I'm going to offset this line over four feet.…I'm going to stop right there.…What I'm going to do, is I'm going to trim it.…I'm going to type t + r for trim.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.