Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding steel columns to the model, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Now that we have a structural grid in place,…adding columns is going to be a snap.…So, let's get going.…Let's jump into Structure_07.…Under Structural Plans, let's go down to Level One.…Zoom in on this area here, grid line 1A,…or we should say A1.…Go to Structure.…Click Column.…Let's click Load Family.…
I'm going to scroll up until I get to my US Imperial.…Don't go to this category, those are fake columns.…Let's go down to the real Structural Columns right here.…Let's go to Steel.…Let's grab HSS Hollow Structural Section.…Click Open.…Now, I want to scroll down till I find…HSS 6X6X5/8.…Click Okay.…Excellent.…Now, notice right here, let's select Height,…and let's send this all the way up to the roof.…
Zoom into this area here,…and I'm going to place this right on this grid intersection.…Pick that point.…Hit Escape a couple times.…Now, select this column.…Notice that the Column Mark Location is set for A1,…so it seems like we randomly drew…these column lines in, we didn't.…Revit understands that that's a point in our model.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.