Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding slanted columns, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Now that we have…a good grasp on adding columns,…let's take a look at adding slanted columns.…By setting up a two-point system,…we can configure the slant of our column.…We need to configure some alternate grids…or reference planes to accurately do it, though.…So, let's start a new project.…Under Models, let's go New.…Let's click Browse.…I'm going to grab Structural Analysis Default,…and I'm going to click Open.…
Then I'll click OK.…We're in Level 2, let's jump down to Level 1.…I just want to model a simple grid.…So, on the Structure tab, click the Grid button.…Draw a grid right about here.…Put the point here, let's turn on this other side.…This is column line one.…Now, I'm going to select column line one.…I'm going to click Copy.…
I'm going to copy it this way, four feet.…Select this column line here,…and I'm going to copy it this way four feet.…Let's call this grid 1.1.…Let's call this grid two.…Now, I'm going to draw another grid up the middle of this.…
We'll call this B.…I'm going to copy this up 25 feet.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin40h 10m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.