Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding and setting up structural views, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Lecturer] Okay, it's time to check out…how our views look.…I'll tell you right now right out of the box,…it doesn't look very pleasing.…That's okay, we can fix that.…We're going to use what is called visibility graphic overrides.…It's already time to discuss the fact…that Revit doesn't have layers.…What Revit wisely does instead…is employs an object driven mindset…to control the visibility in the line weight developments.…Not what layer or color they happen to be.…The objective of this video is to explore…visibility graphics as well as our…global visibility settings.…
So let's open up structure four.…Now I happen to have landed in the south elevation.…If you're not in the south elevation,…go ahead and scroll down in your project browser…and double-click on south for elevations.…Because our discipline is set to structural,…we can only see a few items.…I don't know why windows and doors show up…and not much else but that's what happens.…In the properties, if I wanted to change this,…I would just scroll down to discipline.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.