Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a plate and bolts, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] No more in place families for this, … let's add a plate and bolt it down. … By simply adding a freehand sketch, … we can now add a plate without having to be a Revit genius. … Also, we can space bolts any way we like. … So in Revit under Models, let's go to New. … For the template file, click the dropdown. … Let's select Structural Template. … Let's click OK. … Go to the Structure tab, … let's just draw a beam. … I don't care how long or at what angle, … doesn't really matter, … hit escape a couple times. … Now let's set our detail level to fine, … go to the steel tab, … and on the Fabrication Elements panel, click Plate. … Click Rectangle. … I'm not going to get too fancy, … I'm going to pick a point right here, … and I'm just going to come down, … and I'm going to pick a point right here. … Hit escape a few times. … Notice that there's not much we can do with it, … but you do have the full complement of Draw tools. … Let's click finish. … Let's go to a 3D view, zoom in on it. …
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.