Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding piers and pilasters, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Now that we have columns and foundation walls…we can start inserting piers and pilasters.…Piers and pilasters are actually columns.…This is the best way to add…this type of element to a Revit model.…So, the objective of this video is to use…an existing concrete column and modify it to become a pier.…Let's open structure 12.…Let's go down to top of footing under Structural Plans.…Let's go to Structure, let's go to Column.…
Click the drop down here and let's grab 12 by 18…structural rectangular column, 12 by 18.…Click Edit Type.…Click Duplicate.…We will call this two foot six, two foot dash six inches…by two foot slash six inches.…Click Okay.…B and H, two space six, two space six.…
Hit Okay.…The height is going to be level one, perfect.…So the first one I'll do, you can't see it now…but when we put it in we'll be able to.…If I select this intersection…we'll see that it's going to put it in,…it's going to trim everything out.…Pretty cool.…Let's cheat, let's click At Grids.…Pick a window around the entire model.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.