Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding modifiers, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Revit's made it pretty easy … to hack up a steel beam, that's for sure. … The objective of this video is to slice up some beams … and add some plates. … To get started, let's go to models. … Under models, let's go new. … For our template file, … let's hit the dropdown here … and let's grab structural template. … Let's click okay. … First thing I want to do is just add a plate. … Go with the steel, … go to plate. … I'm just going to draw a rectangle … and I'm going to click finish. … Remember, created elements are only visible … in detail level fine. … Okay. … Let's set our detail level to fine then. … Now let's jump over to the modifiers panel … and just go from left to right. … Let's click corner cut … and select our plate. … The type, straight. … See it's giving a little bit of a hack out … of that side there. … If you get off of it, … all you have to do is hover over it … and tab back onto it. … We'll go two inches … by maybe two inches, … click off of it, and it's there, right? …
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.