Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a miter, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] We could do this before, … but now it actually works. … So under projects, let's go to models … and let's start a new project. … For the template file, … let's hit the drop down and go to structural template. … Let's click okay. … Let's do my favorite exercise and draw a couple beams. … Let's draw a beam, here. … Let's draw a beam here. … And we'll draw one maybe here, … another one here. … Let's set our detail level to fine. … Let's start up here. … On the steel tab, … click the miter drop down … and let's just go miter. … Select this beam, … hold down the control key … and select this beam, hit enter, … and it miters it up. … Go to a 3D view. … Set your detail level to fine. … Let's go to hidden lines. … It's a pretty fancy miter. … But what's cool is, … if we hover over the perimeter of it, … we can select that box … and we can click on modify parameters. … It's not too much here, … unless we want to put a gap in it. … Let's put a half inch gap up in there. … We can make a bisecting line, …
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.