Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding joist systems, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] I'd like to start adding some joists.…Now that we've prepared our framing…to accommodate for the joist seat, it should be pretty easy.…So, let's jump into Structure 25.…I'm going to tag all these first.…Let's go to the Annotate tab.…Let's go to Tag All.…Let's scroll down 'til we find structural framing tags,…click that, click Apply, and click Okay.…
Cool, (laughing) that didn't take long, okay.…Now, we're going to frame some joists in here.…Before we do that, let's load some in.…Let's go to Insert, let's click Load Family.…I'm going to scroll out of here, let's go to US Imperial.…Let's go down to Structural Framing.…Let's go to Steel.…Let's go to K-series Bar Joist Angle Web, and click Open.…
Let's grab an 8-K-1.…Let's grab a 14-K-6, let's click Okay.…Alright.…Let's go to the Structure tab.…Let's go to Beam Systems.…The beam type, let's click the dropdown.…It's going to be a 14-K-6.…For the layout rule, we'll go maximum spacing, five feet,…but this time we need to select 3D.…
Now, for elevation from level,…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.