Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding isolated footings, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Eric] Piers and pilasters need something…to bear on as well.…This is why Revit has isolated footings.…Similar to the strip footing, this is…a bearing element for other foundation systems.…So let's go ahead and configure…an isolated footing.…I'm going to jump into structure 13.…Let's go down to top of footing.…On the Structure tab, let's grab Isolated.…We'll use this big chunk here.…Let's click Edit Type.…
Let's click Duplicate.…And this will be 3 foot 6 inches…by 3 foot 6 inches by 12 inches…and get rid of the 2.…Let's click OK.…Foundation thickness will be 1.…Width is 3 space 6.…Length is 3 space 6.…And then click OK.…
Now this is cool because we can just…select At Structural Columns.…Pick a window around everything.…Click on Finish.…It's too easy.…So it's going to put that directly…underneath these columns.…If we move the column it's going to stay…where it is unfortunately.…But at least for placement it's going to…put it right underneath it.…So there you go.…
That's how you add isolated footings.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.