Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding free-form rebar, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Narrator] Autodesk has added a new type of reinforcing,…which can follow the path of surfaces that you pick.…It can be frustrating, but let me guide you through it,…'cause I think I've got it figured out.…(laugh)…Under Models, let's just start a new one.…For the template file let's go with Structural Template.…Click okay.…Go down to level one, Structural Planer.…On the Structure tab, let's go with a Slab.…
I'm just going to an sketch an arc.…I dunno, 39 feet, I dunno,…24 foot radius.…Let's click Pick Lines, I dunno, let's offset it 6 feet.…That looks about right.…Hit escape a couple times.…'S click a line here.…Point there to there,…and a point here to here.…Span direction will make no difference…to what we're doing here.…
Click finish.…Delete this, because this will have no bearing…on what we're doing either.…Go to a 3D view.…'Kay, here's what we got to do,…go to the structure tab, click rebar,…da, da, da, okay.…Oh boy, here we go, we want to do freeform rebar,…but let's do our surface first.…Click Surface.…Now here's the confusion.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.