Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding dimensions, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] It's time to add some dimensions.…Let's just jump into it, let's go to structure 52.…Let's go to level two.…I'd like to add a continuous dimension string…across these dimensions.…So, click on the dimension button right here,…align the dimension.…Now, select this column line and keep going to the right.…Select number two, don't pause,…don't hit escape, just keep going.…
Four, five, six, and then to seven.…Now to place this dimension,…we're just going to pick a point off of it like right here.…This is bothering me, so I'm going to select…this section marker and just kind of pull that up.…Let's click dimension again.…I'm going to select one.…To seven.…I'm going to pull that up a little bit, like that.…
Hit escape, that's not the best dimension ever,…but we can pull that over like that.…There we go.…Let's zoom into this area here.…Let's click on the annotate tab, let's click radio.…Going to grab that column line, pick a point there.…We can move our text out like that.…
Let's go ahead and click on angular.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.