Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a concrete floor with steel decking, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- The next type of floor that I want to add…is a concrete floor with metal decking.…Let's open up Structure 28.…Let's go to level two.…Look at all that frame.…Let's go to structure.…Let's click on floor.…Let's grab six inch concrete and click edit type.…Let's duplicate.…Let's call this six inch concrete with metal deck.…
And let's hit okay.…For structure let's click edit.…Now let's click the preview button down here.…That's a big old chunk of concrete.…Now, structure one material is concrete,…pass in place gray.…That's fine.…That's what we want.…Let's click on the number three.…Let's click insert.…Instead of structure one let's click the dropdown here.…Let's select structural deck.…
Now when we zoom in we see that we have our nice…form deck composite.…An inch and a half by 6.…We can change it; I kind of like this one though.…It's the most popular.…For the material click until it says by category,…and click on the browse button.…Let's select metal.…Let's type in metal.…M e t a l.…And maybe, maybe maybe let's select metal deck.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin40h 10m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.