Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a column support, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Obviously we can't go through every … connection available, but this one I use a lot. … Suppose we need to connect a beam to a column. … Well, we can do that. … To demonstrate, let's jump at the revit … Under models, let's go to new. … For the template file, click the drop down let's go … to structural template, then click OK. … Let's go to the level one. … Let's go to the structured tab, let's grab a column. … I'd like to load a column let's go to load family, … grab an HSS hollow structural section, click Open … and I don't care which one you grab, I'll grab a ten by ten … I suppose, click OK. … The height will go up to level two, it's going to pick … a spot like right here. … Then hit Escape a few times. … Now let's go up to level two, let's click beam and I don't … care the size 12 by 26 is fine, I'll go from the midpoint … of my column out to here, hit Escape a few times. … Let's go to a 3D view, set the detail level to fine. … Go to the steel tab, let's go to connection settings. …
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.