Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a clip angle, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Here's another item … we used to just draft. … I suppose we still can, but check this out. … The objective of this video is to … add a clip angle to a beam. … It's pretty easy. … To do it, let's jump into Revit. … Under Models, let's go to New. … For the template file hit the drop down … and grab Structural Template, the click OK. … Let's drop a couple beams. … Go to the Structure tab, click Beam. … I'm going to draw one here. … I'm going to draw one here. … Hit escape a few times. … Now, go to a 3D view and zoom in … on our two beams. … Change the detail level to Fine. … Change the visual style to Hidden Line … or Realistic, or whatever you want. … Go to Steel, click Connection Settings. … Scroll down until we find Clip Angle. … Let's add it, click OK. … Click Connection, hit the drop down here. … We'll grab a clip angle. … Now, hold down the Control key … and select both beams. … Hit the Enter and there's our clip angle. … Let's go back down to level two. … Hit escape a couple times. …
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.