Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a brace frame, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Now that we have elevation set…that we can put brace frames in,…let's go ahead and add some brace frames.…Let's jump into Structure_38.…Let's make sure we're in our frame and elevation,…Brace Frame Elevation.…Let's zoom into here.…Notice that Revit was smart enough…to cut it off right at the midpoint of those column lines.…Let's keep it here.…If it becomes problematic,…what we can do is we can grab our crop region…and drag it out, but I think we'll be good.…
Let's zoom back in here, hit Escape a couple times.…Go to the Structure tab.…Now click on Brace, Structural Framing Brace.…It'd be silly, we don't want to use that.…Let's hit the drop-down.…Let's grab a HSS six by six by 1/2.…Now, here's what we want to do.…We want to start drawing this brace frame…from the analytical endpoint of this beam.…
So if I hover over this and type s + e,…make sure that you're hitting the endpoint of this, okay.…So s + e, we're going to pick that point.…Now we're going to come straight up,…and we are going to find the midpoint of that beam.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.