Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying plan view symbology, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] What I'd like to do now is look…at the symbology of our brace frame.…While we're looking at the symbology, I'd like to take…a look at the other structural settings,…so let's go to Structure 39.…So let's go to Level 2 Structural Plan.…So in here, notice that there's a little dash line here now,…this indicates that there's a brace frame above us.…Let's go to Level 3.…There's a dash line on the outside of it, that means…that there is a lateral brace frame below us.…
So, what controls this graphic?…Go to the structure tab, click on the little properties…button right here, the structural settings,…now braces for symbols, plan representation.…Instead of a parallel line let's go line with angle,…just to be contrary.…So, show brace above, show brace below, we'll go…Connection-Brace-Angle, kicker via Connection-Brace-Kicker.…Notice that we can also assign load combinations,…analytical settings, so that way when we model these…we knew that our analytical plane was crossing…into the right spot, we can set loads on that.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 20m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.