Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding beam systems, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] With the perimeter frame in place,…we can now fill in the gaps.…At our filler beams, we can simply use what's called…a beam system.…Just specify the beam type and the spacing and you are off.…Let's jump into structural 21.…Let's go to level two.…Zoom into this bay here.…Go to structure,…go to beam system, right here.…
Now the beam type, let's click the dropdown,…let's grab W 12 by 26,…justification,…center works,…layout rule,…let's go maximum spacing, let's go five feet.…The tag style, I want to do a system tag.…Now, depending on the beam you select…is going to dictate the span direction.…
All right, so if I click this W 14 by 30 here,…it's going to add a bay of joists.…They're beams but they're thin…so Revit kind of analyses them as joists.…Click here.…We can just put one in here.…Keep going.…Keep going.…Click here.…I know this one here's going to be difficult…so we're going to have to come up with somethin' else.…That's okay, we can do it.…
Here.…Let's click this one here.…Because it's a longer span, we'll keep the W 12 in there.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.