Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a base plate, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Let's look at some more connections. … The first one I'd like to add is a baseplate. … Now, the really good thing about this new functionality … is the fact these connections know … what they're actually connecting. … So that means if your column changes size or shape, … so will the baseplate. … Let's do it, let's jump into Revit and add a baseplate. … So under models, let's go new. … For the template file, let's click structural template … in the dropdown and click okay. … Go down to level one. … Go to the structure tab. … Let's go to column. … For this column I want to grab … a 24 by 30 concrete rectangular. … I'm just going to put it in the model right here. … Hit escape a couple times. … Let's click column again. … This time I want to grab a W10 by 33. … I'm going to change my depth to height, … and I'll send it up to level two. … Now I'm going to snap it to the center of this other column, … hit escape a couple times. … Let's go to a 3D view. … Let's change our detail level to fine. …
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin27h 57m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.