Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding Howe trusses, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] There's a whole bunch of different…types of trusses that we can choose from…and we can make our own from scratch.…Let's start with a basic, simple Howe truss though…because of the fact that it is basic and simple.…So, let's go to Open.…I'm going to grab my Trusses model and click Open.…Add this setup just so we can see the trusses…through the roof.…Let's go down to the roof level.…Let's go to Structure, let's click Truss.…
Uh-oh, none are loaded.…Yeah, let's load one.…Of course it doesn't put us in the truss…category, so we need to drill out.…Keep going up, one more,…and let's scroll down to Structural Trusses.…Okay, these are all pretty cool,…but let's just grab a Howe Flat Truss and click Open.…Okay, now, the first corner I'm going to pick…is going to be right here.…
I'm going to pick that, now I'm going to come straight down.…I'm going to come out to the edge here…and I'm going to pick it here.…It takes a second, these are big.…I'm going to put one across here,…I'm going to pick a point here and here.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.