Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding C shapes to stringers, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Narrator] Okay, let's dig into…our stairs a little bit deeper.…Suppose this giant square chunk isn't really…what we want for our stringer.…What I'd like to do is have a C-channel in here,…maybe a ten inch C-channel, let's do that.…So open Structure 44.…Zoom in on your stairs.…Sometimes we have that kind of shape, sometimes we do not.…So I want to go to insert, let's load a family.…I'm going to scroll out of this directory,…it looks like what we wanted, but we don't.…
We need to go down to profiles.…We need to go to framing.…We need to go to steel.…We need to grab a C-channel profile…and we need to click open.…I want to scroll down till I find the C12 by 20.…That's beefy.…Let's grab it.…Let's click okay.…It didn't update it, of course not,…cause we haven't applied it to the stair yet.…
Select your stairs, click edit type.…Now, in this dialogue, notice our supports got stringers.…I do want a stringer closed,…but my support type is going to be different.…Set a stringer two inch width,…clicking to here now click the browse button.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.