Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Inserting views from files, part of Revit: Fire-Alarm Systems Design.
- Here's something cool that Revit does a great job of.…How 'bout creating an entire menu…of pre-defined Drafting Views…that we can drag into our model at any time?…By creating an entire separate Revit model,…we can load it up with pre-defined Drafing Views…that we can import into this model, as we see fit.…To get started, jump into Revit…and you can open up any sheet.…I wanna go to the Insert tab…and I wanna click Insert from File,…Insert Views from File.…From here, browse to wherever you're keeping…your exercise files.…
And we'll find a Master Details file.…This is an entirely separate Revit project…only containing details.…Let's click Open.…Let's uncheck this Drafting View…and I'm gonna scroll up to the top…and I'm gonna grab this view,…this view, this view, this view,…and I guess this one.…After we've selected these views,…notice that we get a nice picture…of each one that we're grabbing.…Let's click OK.…If we get the Duplicate Types dialog, don't worry.…They're just rendering material.…
Click OK.…Now the hard part is finding 'em.…
- Linking to architecture
- Creating views
- Adding wall and ceiling devices and control panels
- Placing a cable tray and conduit
- Adding circuitry
- Working with drawing sections
- Importing AutoCAD files
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 57m Intermediate
1. Project Setup
2. Incorporating Different Fire-Alarm Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.