Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding spaces, part of Revit: Sprinkler Design.
- [Instructor] It's good to know where you are…in the building.…Unlike AutoCAD, we can't see the actual room names…that the architect has added to the model.…It's up to you to figure out which rooms are where.…Just because they're invisible to you,…that doesn't mean we can't find them and tag them.…Once we do that, our space tags will update…if the architect changes a room name the next time we sync…with central, we load the architectural model,…or open a new model.…Jump into Revit, go to projects open,…browse to where you're keeping your exercise files,…I'm gonna grab my spaces model, and I'm gonna open it up.…
I suppose I'll jump into this area,…it's a good spot to start.…I wanna see what room this is.…Because our model is set for room bounding,…if you remember, when we select our underlay,…we click edit type, and room bounding is turned on,…we can add a space.…So I'm gonna close out of there…and hit escape a couple times.…Go to the analyze tab,…and then click the space button, right here.…Now, if you come into this room,…
- Linking to architecture
- Creating views
- Configuring routing preferences and systems
- Adding sprinklers, risers, and pipes
- Tagging pipes
- Adding schedules
- Importing AutoCAD files in Revit
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Creating Sprinkler and Fire-Alarm Systemswith Eric Wing1h 41m Intermediate
1. Project Setup
2. Routing Preferences and Systems
3. Laying Out Sprinklers and Pipes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.