Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Working in one model with many views, part of Revit Architecture 2011 Essential Training.
So what's so special about Revit anyhow?…Well, there are many possible answers to that question, but in this movie, I'd…like to focus on one of the easiest and most immediate benefits of using Revit.…Whether you are an architect, or an interior designer, a draftsman, a…contractor, or other building professional, you'll likely spend a lot of time…looking at and working in Plans, Elevations and Sections.…In Revit, work you do in Plan is immediately reflected in Elevation and…Section, and vice-versa.…I'm in a file called Office, if you'd like to follow along, and I'd like to…start with the 3D view.…
Notice that in Revit we have a full- blown 3D model that's generated as we work.…We can orbit the view around, we can study the building from various angles, we…can see through transparent surfaces and into the building and begin studying…design ideas and see how they react to the overall whole, and we can even select…elements directly in 3D and begin to make modifications.…
When you select an element in any view, including 3D, and you make a change,…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding filled and masking regions and detailing
- Generate schedules and reports
- Understanding families
- Using reference planes, parameters and constraints
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.