Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Working in one model with many views, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
So what's so special about Revit anyhow? Well there are many possible answers to…that question, but in this movie I'd like to focus on one of the easiest and most…immediate benefits of using the software. Whether you're an architect, an interior…designer, or draftsman you spend a lot of your time looking at plans, sections, and elevations.…In Revit, work that you do in plan is immediately reflected in the elevation section.…And vice versa. In this movie I'll show you how Revit…makes it easy to keep all your changes coordinated with a first hand look at what…I think is one of the most fundamental benefits of building information modeling.…
The fully coordinated building model. So, I have here on screen a file called…Core Concepts. It's included with the exercise files.…Feel free to open this file and follow along or you can open up any file of your choosing.…Now, I have here a 3D view and a floor plan, an elevation and even a schedule.…And what I'd like to show you first is, if you select any object, in any view, like…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.