Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with extrusion roofs, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
Footprint roofs discussed in our previous movie are probably the easiest way to…create a roof. And they certainly are the easiest way to…get the most common forms like hips and cables.…However, there's lots of other shapes of roofs that we can create and in some cases…you'll want to create a roof that's not easily achieved with a footprint roof.…So, in this movie I'd like to look at the extrusion roof.…This is a good choice for roofs that are barrel vaults or that are curving in one…direction and so on. So, in this case, I'm going to create and…awning that going to go on this small building here.…
Now, it's actually on the other side of the building over here, and I'm going to…use my view cube over here in the corner to change my orientation.…So, the way the view cube works is you just highlight the area of the cube that…you want to navigate to. And in this case I can use the little…corner right and if I click that it will spin the view around and show me that I…had this little patio on the back side. Let me zoom in a little bit.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.