Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with curtain panels, part of Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecture.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In earlier chapters, we discussed curtain panel families in the context of the…conceptual massing environment.…Traditional curtain walls and curtain systems also use curtain panels, and…while we can't use the same panels that we built in the conceptual environment…for traditional curtain walls, we can build custom families that are very…similar in the Family Editor.…In this movie, we will revisit the graffiti gallery on the rear of our building…and consider another alternative for the glazed wall.…Since we want to preserve the original design, just in case we decide to return…to it later, in this movie, we'll also take a quick look at the Design Options…feature, which allows us to maintain more than one scheme for a particular…design within our project.…
Let me spin around to the back side of the building here.…I'm in SAMOCA_V5, and I'm going to select something over here, just to target my orbiting.…I will spin this around, maybe like so, and then zoom in.…What I'm looking at right now is the space frame design that we completed in…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.