Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with component-based stairs, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In this movie, we're going to look at the component-based stair.…Revit has two kinds of stairs, and in the previous movie we looked at the…sketch-based stair, and this time around we're going to look at the component-based stair.…Now in someways the component based stairs is a little bit more robust than the…sketch based stair. And so I would like to focus on some of…those difference between the two. I made a file called Component Stairs and…one of the differences that we have between component and sketch based stair…is a component bases stair can be built in 2D or 3D or you can work in both views simultaneously.…
So let me demonstrate here. I'm currently in a Floor Plan Level 1, but…also in this exercise file, I have a view here called 3D Stair Section.…going to double click and open that up. Zoomed in a little too close, there.…Let's zoom it out so you can see. And this is a cropped view of the lobby…area that we were looking at in the Plan view.…Now I'll talk about how I created this and the cut away views in a future chapter.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.