Do you need to learn how to modify tools for your blueprint and other modeling basics? Learn how to use the modify tools in Revit Architecture 2015 with this online tutorial, and do so with ease and the de-facto standard tool for architecture and design as you lay out the design for a two-bedroom condominium.
…Continuing with the layout of our two bedroom condo unit, there's…lots of approaches we can take to the layout of the walls.…In this movie I'd like to look at commands like Move and Copy and Offset and Trim.…And these are staple commands in any CAD or drafting program.…And Revit is no exception.…So let's take a look at how some of these tools function here in Revit.…So I'm in a file called Modifying Walls.…And we're going to click over here on the Modify tab.…The Modify tab contains all of the tools that…we're going to look at here on this Modify panel.…I'm going to start with the Move command.…
Move command has a shortcut of M+V.…Now I'm going to let the tool tip load here…for a second, by pausing my mouse over it.…And what you'll notice is that a small…animation starts to run after a few seconds.…So, all of the commands on this…tool palette have these little animated tool tips,…and they can be really helpful to give you a sense of how these commands function.…So I encourage you to just take a few moments…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Using reference planes, parameters, and constraints
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.