Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecture.
If you're a Premium member of the lynda.com Online Training Library you have access to the exercise files used throughout this title. I've placed the Exercise Files here on my Desktop, and you'll see that they are organized into folders that correspond to the various chapters. We have a chapter for each folder and in those Chapter folders you'll find the files that I reference throughout the various movies. In addition, we've provided finished versions of many of the movies in a Finished Files folder, also organized in the same Chapter folders, and finally a couple of the files require Revit links, you'll find those here in the Links folder.
If you're a monthly member or an annual member of lynda.com, you don't have access to the exercise files but you can follow along from scratch in your own assets. So let's go ahead and get started with Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecture.
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.