Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using cutaway views, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
In this movie I'm going to show you how to create a cutaway sectional 3D view. …Sometimes you want to get a better look at a certain portion of your building, and even …though you can go in and use Visibility Graphics or a Temporary Hide Isolate or Permanent Hide, …and hide and isolate certain elements, sometimes it's going to be easier to just go in and …actually create a custom 3D view. …And the easiest way to do that is to actually modify the section box that's used to define the 3D view.…
So instead of showing the entire model, we can actually crop it down to just a particular area. …Now you can do this manually, but the fastest way to do it is to actually use an existing …view to set the extents of the 3D view. …So that's the process I want to walk you through right here. …I'm in a view called Cutaway View. …I'm going to zoom in here on the top of the plan. And perhaps I want to get a better look …at my stairwell and see how it fits into the surrounding context to make sure I'm satisfied …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.