Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using cutaway views, part of Revit Architecture 2011 Essential Training.
Most of the movies in this chapter were about editing the graphics of…the display onscreen.…This one is related in the sense that we're going to still be modifying the…way we're seeing our model, but it doesn't really have anything to do with editing graphics.…What we are going to do instead is actually customize a view entirely.…So looking at my stair here and maybe I want to have a better understanding of…how my stair's coming together.…It might be nice to have a 3D view of this.…Now I could certainly use some of the techniques we've covered in this chapter…so far, and I could do a 3D view, and then I could come in here and start hiding…elements that are in my way.…
Peel off the roof and maybe hide some doors, and I could do this with…Temporary Hide, like you see here onscreen, or I could do it with Permanent…Hide, what have you.…It gets a little tedious, and we might still not even get exactly the view we want.…It turns out that there is actually a much easier way to get in and look at…exactly what we want.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding filled and masking regions and detailing
- Generate schedules and reports
- Understanding families
- Using reference planes, parameters and constraints
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.