Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Properties palette, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In this movie, we'll look at the Properties pallet.…Properties are always available for any element you create or select in a rev it project.…Properties are very context sensitive. So depending on what you're doing you're…going to see very different things on the Properties pallet.…So I'd like to look at a few different scenarios with you here.…In a file called Condo Unit, and it's included with the exercise files but you…can follow along in any Revit project. There are two contexts under which you'll…see the properties palette, one is when you're creating objects, and another is…when you select something that already exists.…So, for example if I came up here top the Architecture tab and click on the Wall…tool, what you'll see is, in addition to all the context sensitive stuff that we…covered in the previous movie about the ribbon Tab and the Options bar.…
If we look over here on the Properties palette, you will see various properties…that are specific to the wall that I'm about to create.…So, at the very top, we have the Type Selector and you could see that this…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.