Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Linework tool, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
So far in this chapter we've seen global objects style settings and view specific…over writable the category and the object level.…Sometimes none of these methods is sufficient to get just the right graphical…treatment in a particular drawing. In such situations we have the Linework…tool, our last line of defense if you will.…With this tool we can actually modify the individual edges that make up an element…and vary them as required. For example, we could make one side of a…wall bolder, or we could change the roof overhang to a dash line in certain areas…of the plan. The Linework tool can be just what you…need to add that finishing touch to your work.…
But please remember to use it sparingly. So I'm in a file called Linework, and I'm…in the level two floor plan. And I'm going to zoom in over here in this…area above the lobby, and you'll see that I've got this open to below space, that's…the lobby space down on the first floor, and then over here is a floor slab.…Which provides a balcony space looking down into the lobby space.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.