Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Autodesk Seek, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
Revit shifts with the fairly substantial library of family components that you can…access quickly and easily through the Load Family tool that we saw on the previous movie.…However, even with this resource, you will quickly find that there is items lacking…from the out of the box offerings. You could of course build this items…yourself and we have a chapter devoted tot he family editor later in the course.…There are many websites that offer Revit content as well, and so in this movie what…I'd like to do is look at the website that's actually hosted by Autodesk.…And it's called Autodesk Seek, and in fact, it's actually built right here into…the product, so it's very easy to get here.…
So you can see here I'm in a file called Using Seek, and it's a version of the file…we were working on in the last movie. And I've just added one or two additional…components, a few countertops and a hot water heater.…i'm going to go to the Insert tab, and over here on the right hand side, is the…Autodesk Seek panel. And the way this works, is you simply…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.