Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,800 courses, including more CAD and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
Note: The techniques shown in this course will work with any version of Revit, but due to backwards compatibility issues, the exercise files for this course will only work with Revit 2014. Unfortunately, we cannot downsave the files. Please see a Revit 2013 course for usable files.
- Understanding the different editions of Revit
- Setting up levels and grids
- Adding doors and windows
- Loading families
- Working with 3D views
- Dimensioning a plan
- Adding a schedule view
- Importing CAD files
- Linking to another Revit file
- Creating sheets
- Plotting a set of documents
- Generating a cloud rendering
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Paul F. Aubin and welcome to Up and Running with Revit. If you're involved with the design and construction of buildings, you've probably heard about Auto Desk's Revit software package. In this course, we'll look at some high level skills you'll need to get Up and Running with Revit quickly. I've designed this course to work equally well with the full version of Revit, as well as Revit LT. So you can follow along with either version. I'll start by showing you how to open an existing project and find your way around using the project browser. This is like a table of contents for your project. Next, I'll show you how to create a new project file and begin creating your building model.
In Revit, you create a virtual model representing your project in full 3-D. We'll see how to study the model as it evolves using custom 3-D views and sections. We'll create documentation for my model that includes a dimension floor plan and schedules that capture critical quantities and help to validate the design. We'll be covering all of these features plus plenty of other tools and techniques. Now, if you're ready to get started, then let's get Up and Running with Revit.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.