Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding view extents and crop regions, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
Rivet projects will contain lots of views. You can access the various views on the…project browser,and you've got floor plan views, and ceiling plan views, elevation…views, sections views, and so on. All of the orthographic views, like plans,…sections, elevations, have a crop region. A crop region is simply the outer most…boundary of the view, and think of it as the overall extent of that view.…By default, that crop region starts off being rectangular in shape.…It can be turned on, it can be turned off, and you can even customize it's shape to…be non-rectangular. So in this movie we are going to look at…the crop regions of our Orthographic views.…
So I' made a file here called View Crop Region and I'm looking at a typical floor…plan view. This is the level one floor plan view.…Now if I zoom out here I'm going to use the wheel on my mouse and just sort of…roll down until I'm zooming out. You'll notice that I could really zoom…almost indefinitely and the view just gets smaller and I have all this white space around.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.