Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding selection toggles, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
We have lots of control over the way that objects are selected in our Revit models,…and we have several toggle switches that control specific kinds of selection.…I'd like to talk about that feature right now.…It's important to talk about them now, because we want to get the settings in…their default state, and then we'll talk about them in more detail when we get to…the chapters that discuss the specific features.…So I'm in a file called Selection toggles and I have a few features in here that we…haven't discussed yet, such as a linked Revit file, which includes these trees…that you see out here. And underlay which is another floor plan…that's sort of laid over this current floor plan and that's this grey…information here. And then we have some column grids over…here, and we're going to talk about all of these in future movies.…
The Selection toggles is what I want to focus on right now, and we can find those…in two locations in the interface. So the first area is down here in the…lower right hand corner of the screen and the other location is right beneath the…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.