Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the importance of template files, part of Revit Architecture 2011 Essential Training.
Revit ships with a few template files to help you get started in your…projects right away.…You can use a provided template file as is, you can customize it if it's…necessary, or you can even build your own.…In this movie, we'll look at a few examples to help you get started and to help…you understand what's provided in a well-thought-out template.…In a previous movie, we created a project using the New link on the Recent File screen.…This link creates a project from the default template.…If you want to actually choose the template that you want to start from, you…need to go to the Application menu instead.…So let's go to Application menu, under New, and choose New Project.…
Here we can click Browse, and you will see a list of provided template files…that are available to you.…I'm in the US Imperial installation of Revit.…If you're in a metric version, you'll see metric templates at the top, or…something along those lines, and you'll see a slightly different list of…templates, but the concepts will remain the same.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding filled and masking regions and detailing
- Generate schedules and reports
- Understanding families
- Using reference planes, parameters and constraints
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.