Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding families, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
The subject of creating Revit family content could take an entire training…series in itself. However, a Revit Essentials class would…not be complete without at least some coverage of the topic.…So with this in mind, we're going to use this chapter to go through the process of…building our own custom Revit model family.…There are a few key steps that you want to keep in mind when you're building your own family.…So let's kind of walk through the process. First, you'll want to plan, plan carefully.…You need to know what you want your family to do, don't just dive in without a plan.…Think about it, maybe take some notes, do a little sketching, but know what you want…your family to do, what behaviors you want it to have and how you want it to, to act…in the project. Number 2, use a good template file.…
There are several template files that ship with the product and each 1 has certain…behaviors that are built in those behaviors get in parted to your family…when you choose the template so make sure you choose carefully and get the right…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.