Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the different versions of Revit, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
As you may be aware, there are a variety of versions or flavors of Rivet out there.…And in this movie, I'd like to talk about some of those differences between them,…and talk about the focus of this course. So, for architecture, we have three options.…There is Rivet or Autodesk Rivet which is the full product that includes…functionality for all disciplines. Architecture, MEP, and structure.…This is part of the building design suite so, if you have one of the building design…suites then you actually have Autodesk Revit.…And you'll have multiple tabs, and each tab will include the functionality of the…different disciplines. There's also Revit Architecture, which…includes only the architectural functionality.…
The only real difference between Revit and Revit Architecture is essentially in the…Options dialog where you can choose which disciplines are of interest.…And turn on and off functionality in the full version of Revit, in the Revit…architecture product, it only includes the architectural functionality to begin with.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.