Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding context ribbons, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
Context ribbon tabs appear on the ribbon as you create and modify elements in Revit.…In this movie, we will look at how to identify a context ribbon, when it will…appear and the sorts of commands that you can expect to find in it.…In addition to context ribbon tabs, the Options bar gives us feedbacks to…options and commands as you execute them, so we'll also take a look at this…critical interface feature as well.…So I'm here in a file called Condo and it's available with the exercise files.…If you watched the previous movie, we talked there about the ribbons and the…QAT, and as you can see, my screen has a similar set of ribbon tabs across the top.…
The ribbon tab I want to focus on in this movie is the Modify tab, so I'm going…to move up here and I'm going to click on it, and I want you to take a quick…look at which panels are available here on the Modify tab to start off with. You…could see on the far left, we've got our Properties and our Clipboard, and all…the way over toward the right we have Measure and Create, and so on.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.