Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding Revit element hierarchy, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
In this movie, we'll explore some high level concepts common to the Revit platform.…All elements in Revit fit into a built in hierarchy.…The purpose of this movie is simply to expose you to some of these high level…concepts and give you a better understanding of how the elements in the…system fit into the larger frame work. So I want to start with the broadest grouping.…All of the elements in the software could be grouped broadly into some major…groupings, I like to call them buckets. So, if you thought of model elements as…one big bucket, and then we also have view elements, datum elements, and annotation elements.…
What I'm going to focus on mainly in this movie is model elements and annotation elements.…The model elements are anything that represent an actual thing.…Something that's real in the building when the building is built.…So if you can walk up to something and put your hand out and touch it, it's a model element.…And the annotation elements are things that aren't real, things that describe…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.