Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a massing file, part of Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecture.
In the previous movie, we added a image file to our massing family here and…positioned it to match up to the site file that we had already provided.…We scaled everything, we rotated and got it oriented, and that gives us a basic…starting point for our project.…The next thing we want to do is start deciding what levels and other references…we want to have here to work in our massing environment so we can begin creating form.…Currently, we only have one level called Level 1.…So let's go to our 3D View for a moment, and what you will see here is the image…file doesn't actually display in 3D.…
And that's fine, we can easily switch back and forth between the Floor Plan and…the 3D as necessary.…Here in this level what we do see is, as we discussed in the previous chapter,…Levels and Reference Planes do appear here in 3D.…Not only do they appear in 3D, but if I zoom in, we can actually manipulate them…in 3D both the name and the height.…You can also do it here in the Properties palette, and we can also create, over…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.