Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Rotating and aligning a Revit link, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
In this movie we're going to take a look at the Align and Rotate commands.…These are two really useful and powerful modification commands that allow us to…reposition objects based on rotations or their relationships to other nearby geometry.…So, I'm in a file called Align Rotate and down here in the lower corner, I have a…small office building. And up here this odd shape is actually a…site plan file that's linked in to the project file here.…Now, we're in the Level 1 Floor Plan and we can get a much better look if we change…to the site plan view. So, I'm going to double-click site plan,…and now it becomes a little more evident what I'm actually looking at.…
Here is my linked site file. It's got some roads and sidewalks.…It's got a parking lot and a property line.…And if you look right here at the end of this sidewalk there's like a little green…dot right there. And I'm going to zoom in on that (SOUND)…and that little green dot is actually a small green line.…That's where the front door is of the building, so I'm going to use that green…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.