Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Plotting and creating a PDF, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
Printing from Revit is actually very similar to printing in other Windows programs.…The most common way to print is to just generate paper output from a traditional…printer or plotter. You can also do digital output to PDF files.…That would happen in the print dialogue as well.…Now I should mention that PDF is not built into Revit.…So if you want to generate PDF's you actually have to have a PDF plotter.…You could have Acrobat or Bluebeam, but you have to have that installed on your…system first. So I'm in a file here called Plotting and…I'm looking at the A 101 floor plan sheet and you know if I just kind of zoom in a…little bit, we've got a nice title block here.…
And you can see that it's just a typical floor plan, like so.…Maybe I'm ready to print out a progress set and send it off to a recipient.…So I'm going to go to the big R here in the application menu.…Highlight the Print button. And there's actually three options here.…Now, Print Preview I think is pretty self explanatory.…That would just do an on screen preview before you click OK and print.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.